[SOLVED]Feature wishlist and possible improvements

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Feature wishlist and possible improvements

1. Start/Stop button for data sampling like in J-Scope
      otherwise, it is difficult to look at the data, without stopping the target. Disabling auto scroll is not sufficient, because when the data buffer is full, the data will move.
      edit: setting the sampling frequency to off works, still not the most intuitive solution
    2. Better Timeline / Sampling performance
      • Sampling several variables with max frequency results in slow response of Ozone (i.e. makes it unusable), especially if you use expressions like “variable*10“
      • occasionally single wrong samples appear, e.g. 2.29984791e+19 which is not at all a plausible value, this also renders Auto Fit Hight useless and breaks Set Y-Axis Range function
        edit: wrong numbers seem to be caused by EMI, so I guess there is no CRC check for data transmission. An ignore function would be great here: e.g. ignore samples higher/lower than x, since most of the wrong values are very high or low numbers, it would be an easy fix.
      • I miss a Y-Axis zoom with mouse wheel
      • The default color palette when adding new expressions to graph is bad. 1. red 2. green 3. blue-green? and from here on the next colors just turn darker and bluer and are very hard to distinguish.
    3. Better Code Editor/Viewer
      I mentioned syntax highlighting it in a different thread but could not reply there. SEGGER-Nino wrote: “Ozone is primarily a debugger. It is not meant to edit code. There are better options for this.“
      Well, I still have to look at the code while debugging and just black/blue on white with no folding is an unpleasant experience.
    4. Evaluation of calculations by hovering on math operators.
      Having to do this by hand is tedious.
    5. Better data preview formating (yellow box) when hovering over a variable
      displaying values an array or a big struct results in a very wide box. for structs a multiline list would make more sense than a comma seperated list
    6. right click menu entry to graph or watch peripheral register values. also support name resolution in expressions
      right now the only way I found, was to manually add the address like this: *(uint*)(0x40014370)&0xFFFF. It works, but it would be really helpfull to do this by mouse click and insead of an address it would show e.g. CCU42_CC42.TIMER.TVAL

The post was edited 4 times, last by fraengers ().

• Hi fraengers,
    thank you for sharing your ideas for improving Ozone with us. I will bring them into the next discussion round for future development.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.