[SOLVED] Folding behavior of the register view

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Folding behavior of the register view

Hello SEGGER team,

currently I'm working a lot with Ozone and really enjoy working with that tool.

In noticed that that the register view always will fold the peripherals subtree, if the binary changes.
    To give an example scenario:
    Debugging a binary and observing peripherals registers, like e.g. GPIOA->ODR and GPIOC->ODR registers simultaneously.

When the binary now changes, ozone will detect the change and restart the debug session. For the peripherals registers, the folding will be collapsed like that:

Thus it has to be reopened by the user for every register. Is it possible to suppress this folding behavior?

Thanks and best regards,
    Marco

The post was edited 1 time, last by marco_s ().

• Hello Marco,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Which version of Ozone are you using?
    Do you see the same behaviour in the latest version?

Does it happen with binary files only or also with elf files?

Could you provide exact reproduction steps?
    I gave it a quick try and the ODR register in my example setup stayed expanded when reloading the project due to application change.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

the issue appeared in V3.26c (x86 Ubuntu Machine) and I used elf files for debugging. To have the register mapping for the vedors peripherals, I have also loaded a SVG.
    As you mentions, I had a look at the software version and updated to V3.26h. With that version the behaviour is correct and the folding works fine.

You can close this thread. Thank you for the support.

Best regards
    Marco
  • Hi Marco,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.

Case closed.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.