[SOLVED]Cant read bytes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Cant read bytes

Hi,

I have j-link EDU and for some reason it stoped working, when i try to connect i get error "tried to read 32 bytes but recived 0".

Is there any way to repair that error? or just to reload firmware maybe that would help?

Tnx for all help
    Luka
  • Hi Luka,

Is the LED of the J-Link EDU still on when it is connected to the PC?
    Does the J-Link EDU still enumerate and is it being listed in the Device Manager?
    Moreover, could you please start J-Link Commander when the J-Link EDU is connected to the PC and post the output of the commander?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

Yes LED is still on and JLink still shows in device manager.

The Output of JLINk commander is:

SEGGER J-Link Commander V4.26b ('?' for help)
    Compiled May 20 2011 17:18:29
    Communication timed out: Requested 112 bytes, received 0 bytes !
    EMU_GetFirmwareString: Insufficient data read.
    J-Link>

Is there any help for my jtag or did i burn it?
    Images
    • Untitled.png

162.31 kB, 1,019×662, viewed 945 times
  • Hi Luka,

We are not aware of such problems.
    I checked J-Link EDU with V4.26b and V4.28 and I do not see any problems so far.
    Did you test the J-Link on another machine? Does it show the same behavior?

Best regards
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Yep, i tryed on Win 7 64bit and 32bit and then i tryed on Win XP 32bit and it is same everywhere.
    I also tryed changing cable and USB cable but it didnt help.

Is it possible that jtag burned? Is there anywhere i can send it to service?

Tnx
    Luka
  • Hi Luka,

Sounds strange that the J-Link still enumerates but as soon as we start communicating with it, it crashes...
    Nevertheless, please get directly in touch with support@segger.com in order to get a RMA.
    You can refer to this thread and my posts when contacting support.

Note:
    In general, in case of RMAs please do not open threads here, since this is not a pure support forum (so we can not always guarantee an answer from our side)
    and especially replacement cases are not handled here.

Best regards
    Alex