[ABANDONED] J-Link: Multi-Chain JTAG Connection Issues. Target Device: Renesas RA4M2 EVK

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link: Multi-Chain JTAG Connection Issues. Target Device: Renesas RA4M2 EVK

While using a multi-chain JTAG configuration, I am unable to connect to a Renesas RA4M2 Eval Kit (EVK). The EVK is device #0 on the JTAG chain. Device #1 is a Xilinx Spartan 6 FPGA. For now, I would like to be able to connect to and program the MCU over JTAG. Unfortunately, I have been unable to connect to the MCU in order to program it. It seems that there are no issues with the physical JTAG chain as the device ID's of both devices on the chain are able to be retrieved automatically. My guess is that there is an issue with the Renesas Device Lifecycle Management Status (DLM), which is shown as set to NSECSD in Segger's J-Link software. When connecting to the MCU via Renesas' Flash Programmer software, the DLM Status is indicated as SSD. I would be curious to know if this behavior has been recognized and diagnosed when similar Renesas MCUs have been used with J-Link. I have attached the output log file from J-Flash. There are no issues connecting to the RA4M2 EVK with J-Link in a single-device JTAG chain or connecting via SWD. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Files
  • UPDATE:

I was able to connect to successfully and program the RA4M2 MCU using a J-Link script file that one of my co-workers provided to me which was designed for an NXP KW21 MCU.

Is there a similar J-Link Script file that exists for the RA4M2 or similar Renesas MCUs ?
    Files