[SOLVED] JLink Armv8.2 architecture support status.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink Armv8.2 architecture support status.

Last year there was a thread on this forum about support for ArmV8.2 architecture support being planned to be done in Q1 of 2022. This is the thread: [ANSWERED] Cortex-A55 support

Please let me know what is the current status of this feature. and if it is being worked on what is the expected delivery date? (Even a beta would be useful).

Previously it was mentioned on this forum that this is not high priority item because most Armv8.2(Cortex-A55 specifically) cores users use linux and linux has ample host based debug capability. However this is insufficient for many uses that involve single stepping through some parts of the kernel code. bare metal code etc.

In lieu of Armv8.2 support by JLink I've been using openocd (with jlink hw). For simple debugging this works quite well, but openocd has no ETM (tracing) support for Armv8. Therefore I'm starting this thread.
  • Nothin has changed at the ARMv8.2 front so far. Reasons are still the same and demand is quite low.
    Still on the list for this year but I cannot provide anything more detailed.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.