[SOLVED] Linker throws "cannot find default versions of the ISA extension `i'" for RV32E

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Linker throws "cannot find default versions of the ISA extension `i'" for RV32E

When generating code for RV32E we get this error:
    cannot find default versions of the ISA extension `i'

The assembler and compiler are set to be gcc.

I found the issue is reported also here:

github.com/riscv-collab/riscv-binutils-gdb/issues/261
    sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils…f1995608fbf6648fcee4e9e0c
    According to them, it seems the problem was likely introduced in "Bump Binutils to 2.36.1".

Now, it seems the issue has been fixed by the maintainers here:
    github.com/riscv-collab/riscv-binutils-gdb/pull/262

but I still get the error in the SES for RISC-V last version (6.32)
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

The reported behaviour was not reproducible for me with V6.32a.
    Could you give that version a try?
    If the issue persists, could you provide a simple example project that shows the behaviour for reproduction?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

we will check the default sample. But this sample is meant to be used only to get a feeling on how Embedded Studio works. It is possible that it will not cover all use cases automatically.
    If you plan on testing more features that are even architecture specific we recommend to create a new project with the project generator for the exact device or coretype that you are looking for to avoid exactly such issues.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.