[SOLVED] J-Link software install error "Child process exited with code 100"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link software install error "Child process exited with code 100"

I downloaded the new V7.68c J-Link software to update my previous V7.68b version. I have an Ubuntu Linux system. Normally, I check the box in the downloaded file Permissions "Allow executing file as program". This either installs or updates the software on my system. Today, I get a "Child process exited with code 100" error. My PC is an Intel NUC and I have not had any problems before. Is there another way to install the J-Link software or is there an error I should look for?
  • [SOLVED] J-Link software install error "Child process exited with code 100"

Ok. After trying a few times and resetting the PC, the file installed. I don't know what the solution was, but I will label this as solved.
  • Hi,

We have not yet heard of such an issue yet.
    It is good to hear that you were able to resolve it.

As it was resolved by resetting the PC, I assume that the PC was in some weird state that caused the issue.

Should this issue reappear, we would be very interested in a way to reliably reproduce this, so we can look into it.

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.