J-link Debugger under CrossStudio in Linux Ubuntu 10.04

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-link Debugger under CrossStudio in Linux Ubuntu 10.04

Hi there,

I am a first-time user here, I recently bought the J-link debugger and tried it with Rowley Crossworks IDE Cross Studio in Linux, It does not work, I wonder if J-link debugger is supported under linux with CrossStudio IDE?? I have checked with them, they said I need to ask you for compatibility issues.

Please help

Thanks
    Brad :)
  • Hi Brad,

I do not think that there is native J-Link Support for J-Link in Cross Studio on Linux. I think it has been implemented on the version version only.

I have checked with them, they said I need to ask you for compatibility issues.

If J-Link native support is requested, it depends on the debugger if J-Link is supported or not.
    In general, J-Link can be used on Linux and a Linux SDK is also available.
    If support via GDB is requested, the answer is always yes because our Linux package also comes with a GDB Server for Linux.
    But what did "they" say (I think you mean the people from Rowley)? Is J-Link in general supported in the Linux version of CrossStudio?

Best regards
    Alex
  • J-link Debugger under CrossStudio in Linux Ubuntu 10.04

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply, indeed Rowley does not support J-link under Linux.
    if I would like to use J-link debugger under linux in the future, what would be the best way of doing it?
    i.e. how to set it up? with what IDE or SDK?

Thanks
    Brad :)
  • Hi Brad,

As I previously wrote, every GDB-based solution would work since our software package comes with a GDB Server for Linux.
    In general, most of the Linux users are using GDB-based debug solutions.
    The SDK is more interesting for debugger/IDE developers who want to implement J-Link native support for their IDE.

Best regards
    Alex