[SOLVED] SES 6.32 not compiling files added to project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SES 6.32 not compiling files added to project

Hello- just started a new project with SES 6.32. I have project folder 'A' where I created a default project using the built-in wizards. At the same directory level as 'A' is folder 'B'. 'B' contains source files as well as a whole tree of other directories and sources. So I added 'B\C\D\my_source.c' to the project, but it doesn't get compiled. Instead I get linker errors that the symbols present in my_source are undefined and the project view doesn't show any memory taken up by the code in my_source, which makes sense since it clearly isn't being compiled. What am I doing wrong with this (seemingly) basic functionality of the IDE? I already added the paths to the header files in the User Include paths, is there some matching thing for this for sources? It's also interesting that if I right click on that file in the project view and select "compile my_source.c" it does so without errors. Note also that the sources I added that are located directly in folder 'B' also have code sizes listed in the project view, even though I used the same method to add them to the project as I did my_source.c, which presumably means they are getting compiled even though the additional content in the lower sub-folders is not.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Sounds like your source file was not added to the current active project but only to the solution. So when building your project the source file will naturally not be build.
    Could you provide a screenshot of your project explorer or alternatively an example project for reproduction?

Here is the article describing how projects and solutions work in Embedded Studio:
    studio.segger.com/ide_project_system_overview.htm

Additional Technical articles can be found here:
    wiki.segger.com/Embedded_Studio

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello- I right-click on both "Project RTOS_Testing" and "Source Files" and pick "Add Existing File", but with either method the file doesn't compile. I have tried removing and adding it many times. No clue why this problem is only happening with this file in particular. This also doesn't compile even if I pick "Rebuild Solution". Screenshot of the project window attached.
    Images
    • SES Project.jpg

109 kB, 482×651, viewed 398 times
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    This thread will be considered solved now.

Happy Debugging.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.