Unlocking secured flash using J-flash w/ TMS470

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unlocking secured flash using J-flash w/ TMS470

All - I am trying to program a TMS470R1B1M using the J-flash utility. I am using both the memory security module and the flash security module on the micro. I know how to unlock the Memory security module can can access the memory after connecting. I can perform read back operations on the memory fine, however, when I try to erase & reprogram i get an error that the flash is locked. Here is the error below. I know i need to read the password locations in flash and then write the passwords, however, i am unsure where to write the passwords and also where in the project to add those reads & writes.

Error Message:
    - ERROR: Failed to erase sector 0 @ address 0x00000000 (Algo9: Sector is locked)
    - ERROR: Failed to erase chip

ALSO: I assumed originally that I would need to go into the target drop down menu and use the secure / unsecure commands or the secure chip unsecure chip, however, these are grayed out. I don't know why they are grayed out.
  • I am once again looking for help on this. I also called Segger and they told me they would get back to me and never have.

I am looking for a way to unlock the flash memory of a TMS470 from the project settings.
  • Hi,

Currently, there are no plans for creating a unsecure mechanism
    for the flash keys feature of the TMS470 series.
    I will post it here as soon as any plans change regarding this.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.