[SOLVED] Ozone/J-Trace Pro Cortex-M is not interpreting Trace Data on STM32G473VE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone/J-Trace Pro Cortex-M is not interpreting Trace Data on STM32G473VE

Hi Everone,

Today I tried to run our code with a J-Trace Cortex-M for tracing using the 4 ETM pins + clock.
    I followed the get started guide trying the reference board and everything worked fine but when trying to use Ozone with our STM32G372VE based board, nothing happens (Instruction Trace window displays "No data")

At this time, I start to be a little lost:
    1) Trace data is given out on all 4 Pins + Signal on the clock (See oscilloscope picture 1, displayed is the clock signal and D3)
    2) The GPIO config should be correct on PE2 - PE6 using alternate function 0
    3) TRACE_IOEN and TRACE_MODE are set correctly
    4) TRCENA is enabled.

5) I cannot directly see some sort of delay between clock and data so the timing should be fine with default.
    --> The signals look very bad, but they do look very similar on the reference board only

Flashing + Debugging using SWD is working just fine.

Since the tracer does cost quite some money and I already spent a whole day trying to figure this out, I'd really appreciate some help.

Best regards,

Niklas
    Images
    • tek00000.png

40.33 kB, 1,024×768, viewed 297 times
    • Screenshot from 2022-07-08 18-41-39.png

558.28 kB, 2,558×1,320, viewed 300 times
    • Screenshot from 2022-07-08 18-43-39.png

36.72 kB, 895×157, viewed 282 times
    • Screenshot from 2022-07-08 18-44-21.png

206.16 kB, 920×798, viewed 324 times
    • Screenshot from 2022-07-08 18-47-13.png

223.88 kB, 918×907, viewed 341 times
  • Hi Niklas,

Please note that this is not a support forum.
    If you require support and you are still within support period for the J-Trace,
    you can contact us via our support ticket system (link in my signature below).

1) Could you please send us
    - the Ozone console output? (View -> Console or Alt+Shif+C)
    - a J-Link logfile? How to enable: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File
    2) Did you enable trace in Ozone (Tools -> trace settings -> Trace pins)?

Please also note that we generally recommend to use a J-Link Script file to setup trace.
    Reasons and description:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Trace#Setting_up_Trace_with_J-Trace

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

we received your inquiry via our support system in parallel.
    To make sure no information is lost between the channels this thread will be closed now and your inquiry will be continued via the support system.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.