AppWizard APPW_CreateRoot Hard_Fault

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AppWizard APPW_CreateRoot Hard_Fault

Hi

I've added AppWizard created source to an existing base project but it fails at APPW_CreateRoot. Am wondering if you can let me know if this is compatible with my base project?

AW output is attached (simulation folder removed: too big)

Other:
      • MDK-Community
      • FreeRTOS
      • STemWin532 (used as library from ST, not from within the MDK Environment)
      • GUIConf allocates 1.5M to emWin
      • STM32F429 + LTDC M565 - 320 x 240
      • GUIConf is called from my GUI_Init
      • emWin runs fine before I get to AW MainTask
      • FreeRTOS stack on this GUI task is 8k

Tried these, all failed:
      • remove my call to GUI_Init (in case I am not supposed to call it as AW may do it)
      • removed all my emWin code between GUI_Init and AW MainTask (in case these affected it even though it was just GUI_Clear and simple stuff)
      • increased the MainTask stack (no idea what it should be but I went up to 40k)

I could not find an ES project to reference, finding only examples for AW not a full project.

If AW is not suitable for non-commercial trial with STemWin then I understand, not a problem. Knowing that would, at least, save me investigating it any more.

Thanks
      Mark
      Files
      • GUI_C.zip

(47.09 kB, downloaded 243 times, last: )
    • Hi,

AppWizard is not compatible with an old emWin version like V5.32. The emWin version that should be used with the generated code is contained in the AppWizard version number. For example with AppWizard 1.28c, emWin 6.26c has to be used (see attached image).

You can find libraries of the correct emWin version under C:\ProgramData\Segger\AppWizard_Vxxx_xxx\Lib. The GCCM4 library should work for your hardware.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Images
      • AppWizard.png

2.96 kB, 172×39, viewed 248 times
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

in the Lib directory besides the M4 lib there is also a M7FP lib. Unfortunately there is no M4FP library. You could try both libraries to see which one works better for your hardware.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.