[CLOSED] Downloading hex via J-Flash Lite and SES will be wrong, but J-Link Commander is correct.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [CLOSED] Downloading hex via J-Flash Lite and SES will be wrong, but J-Link Commander is correct.

Hello,

I use J-Link EDU mini to download hex into FPGA with Cortex-M0 MCU, I tried different ways to download hex but the results are different. Hex files are compiled and output by Segger Embedded Studio.

1. (Fig1.)Download by J-Link commander is correct

2. (Fig2.)Download by J-Flash Lite is incorrect, the data that is over 4KB will overwrite to 0x00000000, the same situation will also happen when more than 8KB starts to write from 0x00000000, then also using Segger Embedded Studio.

Do I need to change any configuration? Or is there any direction to provide a reference?
    Images
    • Fig1.png

199.84 kB, 2,032×558, viewed 149 times
    • Fig2.png

271.8 kB, 2,373×621, viewed 219 times
  • Hi,
    J-Flash Lite and J-Link Commander are using the exact same API calls to flash a data-file.

If it works with the J-Link Commander, it will also work correctly with J-Flash Lite.

Could you please send us J-Link log files from the download with J-Link Commander and from the download with J-Flash Lite?
    How to enable: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your reply, I don't know how to enable J-Flash Lite's logging, I use SEGGER Embedded studio instead, and the results are same with those two tools.

I have attached three log files,
    1) Using J-Link Commander
    2) Using SES download a hex file which less than 4KB
    3) Using SES download a hex file which over 4KB

J-Link commander used the API "JLINK_DownloadFile" but SES use "JLINK_WriteMem". I see the return value is different, the fail one returns 0xFFFFFFFF, just for information.

Thanks,
    Neo
    Images
    • Compare.PNG

179.44 kB, 2,855×756, viewed 105 times
    Files
  • Customer already contacted us via ticket system & J-Link PLUS. Thread closed.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.