[SOLVED] J-Scope v. 7.66a not work.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope v. 7.66a not work.

Hello. I have a problems with J-Scope 7.66a usage. I have a J-Link PLUS v.11 and I want to debug my firmware using J-Scope. I have a STM32F103RB PCB, connected via SWD. Windows 10 Pro. I open J-Scope, next click "Tools -> Options", select "Connection to J-Link" through USB. Sampling source is HSS. Next I load my *.elf and press OK. And nothing happened! All control elements (as buttons) is unavailable and unclickable. When I press a little cross in variables area, the small window with "JScope" title shows in several milliseconds and hide quickly. The "variables" window does not appear. Please help! What I do wrong?
    Images
    • J-Scope1.png

42.86 kB, 999×881, viewed 240 times
    • J-Scope2.png

28.42 kB, 998×886, viewed 322 times
  • Hello,

did you try creating a new project for this? (File -> New Project ...)

At first look it seems to me that this is an existing project that was saved with no symbols selected. To select symbols, you can press the "+" button in the bottom table.

Please note that there is a bug in the current release (V7.66b) of J-Scope which may cause issues during sampling. A fix for this bug is ready and will be included in V7.66c which is scheduled for later today.

Best regards,
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello! I have already solved my problem. The problem was that the debug configuration in my STM32CubeIDE was configured incorrectly, and *.elf file was no contains variables debug data. Thank you for you reply.

But I have an other problem: if I press "Play" button for start sampling more than 2 times or start sampling by other ways again, J-Scope always crashes. As a result, I need to restart J-Scope after each rebulding my firmware.
  • Hello,

the issue you are seeing seems to be the previously mentioned one about the crash during sampling. V7.66c was released on Wednesday and includes a fix for that. Could you check out the newest version?

Best regards,
    Matthias

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Thanks for the confirmation.

Will will consider this case closed.