[SOLVED]J-Scope Segmentatioin Fault

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]J-Scope Segmentatioin Fault

I am currently using a debian 11.3 virtual machine with GCC for software development. Flashing and debugging works, but after initially working, J-Scope now consistently gives me segmentation faults at different stages of using the program. In two cases I was able to generate a working config and visualize two to three variables. However whenever I try to edit the config by adding or removing variables I get a segmentation fault when J-Scope tries to parse the elf file. With a different bare bones firmware J-Scope crashes with a segmentation fault when attaching to the target.
    On startup J-Scope show the message: "Object::connect: No such signal MainWindow::_SignalUpdateSymbolSelection()"

Thanks everyone!
  • Update:
    The problems in my previous post were with Version 7.66b. I tried several other version and went back to 7.60b. If I run this version as root I can add variables and graph them out without segmentation faults so far.
    But trying to make the same config a second time makes 7.60b unresponsive when trying to parse the elf file.
    Rebuilding the project seems to solve the problem of unresponsiveness.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HQDeussen ().

• Hello,

thanks for providing this information. We are not aware of such an issue.

I will have a look at this and get back to you with the results.

Best regards,
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

I have found a possible cause for the behavior which you are seeing. This was introduced with V7.60d, so it would fit that you are not seeing it with V7.60b.
    A fix for this issue is ready and will be included with V7.66c of the J-Link software package which should be released within the next week.

Once released, could you give this a try and tell me, if the issue is resolved?

Best regards,
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.