[ABANDONED] J-Link Pro RamCode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link Pro RamCode

I have a new board design using the RA4M3 from Renesas. I can program fine with a J-Link Base (Version 11) using J-Flash Lite. I just bought two new J-Link Pro (5.1a Driver version 2.70.8.0) and I get a RAMCode error when I tried to program using J-Flash (version 7.66a):

Timeout while preparing target, RAMCode did not respond in time. (PC = 0xC1FCB623, CPSR = 0x7B917ADC, LR = F9000003)!
    Failed to prepare RAMCode using RAM
    Failed to auto program target.

According to the wiki (wiki.segger.com/Renesas_RA4M3) older versions won't work but this brand new J-Link Pro should? Any insight on what might be happening?
  • Hi,

You are most probably using a different SW version with your BASE V11 than you are using with your PRO V5.

V7.66a had bug which made flash programming to fail on various Cortex-M33 / M23 based MCUs. Has been fixed in V7.66b.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.