[SOLVED] Disassembly Window and RAM loaded code by ARM project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Disassembly Window and RAM loaded code by ARM project

Hi,

The context is ARM TMS570LC4357 MCU GNU cross-compiler on C, .elf file, 2 projects, second project is RAM loaded code

My ARM project code loads in RAM another ARM sub-project. The code is normally working but now I have a bug to locate and solve.

The problem: After loading the code in RAM, I call the RAM-based entry function of this code but the Disassembly Windows of Ozone only gives me DC32 32 bits hex value lines instead of basic disassembly.
    Here "basic disassembly" is code disassembly without .elf file inserted labels, since Ozone doesn't support yet specifying at that entry a secondary .elf file, where to get the info.

So I would expect disassembly with hex values for address related references and dummy generic label generation for jump-to addresses.

Is there a way to get the disassembly window disassemble the information as code instead of only giving DC32 data disassembly lines?

Thanks,
    RL
    Images
    • OzoneDisassemblyWindowOfARMcode.png

33.71 kB, 337×168, viewed 187 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by ReneLebel-BO: This specific problem as been partially solved by changing the linker file and tagging the region as 'x' executable. So now I have some level of disassembly. The main problems left are no support for breakpoint in the RAM code and no support of name mapping to alternate project. A proposal ticket as been written for this last issue, since simply adding secondary 'File.Open' lines for alternate .elf file could be supported because Ozone as access to all output sections of all projects and could senses context change and, in the case of RAM based code, could simply start using the secondary project context based on addresses used. ().

• Hi RL,
    Could you please open a support ticket regarding this?
    You can find all required information in my signature below this post.

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.