[SOLVED] Flashing a HyperFlash part connected to an RT685

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flashing a HyperFlash part connected to an RT685

Hello,

We have a custom board with an NXP MIMXRT685SFFOB (so the highest pin count FOWLP249 package). The flash memory is a S26KS512S connected to FLEXSPI0A of the RT685; the S26KS512S seems to be a recommended part because it's mentioned in the RT685 datasheet..
    Using NXPs blhost utility, I'm able to manually configure the FLEXSPI interface and read from the flash memory. My problem is that JLinkExe is unable to perform the flashing. After connecting successfully, when I run loadfile <path/to/my/project/file.hex>, I get the following error:

****** Error: Failed to prepare RAMCode using RAM
    Error while determining flash info (Bank @ 0x08000000)
    Unspecified error -1

I've looked at the wiki page here: wiki.segger.com/i.MXRT600, which says that "a out-of-the-box solution which works for all setups is kind of impossible. For that reason, the J-Link software supports the evaluation board setup, only. Other setups may work but without any warranty or guarantee from SEGGER. If you are working with a different setup and looking for support for this setup, please get in touch with SEGGER."

So here I am. :)
    Any help getting the flashing of this memory working would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hi,
    Could you please open a support ticket for this via our support ticket system?
    All required information is in my signature below this post.

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.