[SOLVED] Invalid RAM start location on SES 6.30

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Invalid RAM start location on SES 6.30

Hi.

Recently I upgraded SES from 6.20 to the latest 6.30 (running on MacBook Pro 2019, Intel-based), which causes some RAM allocation issues on my nRF project. I don't do any modification to the project between the SES upgrade process.

While running the application, I got the RAM allocation issue log in the debugger:

Source Code

1. , ble_softdevice_support.c, 123, Insufficient RAM allocated for the SoftDevice.
    2. , ble_softdevice_support.c, 124, Change the RAM start location from 0x200026A0 to 0x40038250.
    3. , nrf_mesh_dfu.c, 856, Version info: BL(ver, id): 0x01 0x01 SD: 0x00B6
    ...which is quite unusual allocation request. This only occurs when I run the code with the SES 6.30.

After this issue has occurred, running the same application with SES 6.20 (installed in parallel with 6.30) has the same issue. Only complete purging both SES 6.20 and SES 6.30 installations will resolve the issue. Something I'm missing here?

The application uses nRF SDK 15.3 and nRF SDK for MESH 5.0, SoftDevice s140 v6.1.1 and target device in nRF52840.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    This looks like log output from your device. I assume that the device does not have RAM at 0x40038250 which is causing errors.

Please understand that support for the Nordic SDK in combination with Embedded Studio support is provided by Nordic, so we recommend to contact Nordic support in this regard.

This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.