[ABANDONED] Cannot erase IS25LP512M with JFlash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Cannot erase IS25LP512M with JFlash

I am working with a new design using an i.MXRT1062 CPU and a IS25LP512M flash. Originally, I could erase a program the IS25LP128, but when I moved to the 256 and 512 versions, things stopped working. I assumed it was due to the 4bit vs 3bit addressing change, not sure. I have a JLink Plus Compact and need to be able to program the 512 external flash. Is there something I am missing or need? Also, is there a way to read external flash registers from JFlash or Commander? They are not CPU memory mapped but would have to be accessed directly.
  • Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in response.

the IS25LP512M is listed as supported, so it should work.
    Are you using the latest version of the J-Link Software?
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…twareAndDocumentationPack

jautry wrote:

Also, is there a way to read external flash registers from JFlash or Commander? They are not CPU memory mapped but would have to be accessed directly.
    If they are not memory mapped, how are they accessible exactly? Via a different AHB-AP?
    If so, this would be possible via the J-Link Commander, using ReadAP/WriteAP commands:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Commander#ReadAP

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.