[ABANDONED] Tasks do not display correctly when connected to a running system

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Tasks do not display correctly when connected to a running system

Hello,

I am working with SystemView and FreeRTOS to view the timeline with tasks and ISRs.

However I have detected a behaviour that I don’t know if it is correct.

Attached you can find two SVDat files.

In app_attach_running file I have an app running on a MCU and during that execution I start a SystemView session. I have the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_CAN_RESTART option enabled, so SytemView can be attached to the app. However, as you can see it lists the correct tasks cannot tell which task is running. It only shows switching between Systick and Idle tasks.

In app_attach_before_running file I have an application on a MCU and I start a SystemView session after calling SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf() but before create any task and calling the scheduler (I have put a delay of several seconds to be able to start SystemView between these two tasks). Now, I can see the tasks running successfully but there is a weird task called 0x7FFF6F2 which I have not been able to figure out. This task doesn’t appear in the app_attach_running file.

So my question is, is this behaviour expected? I would like to be able to connect to a running system and see proper task identification and execution. I have looked through the documentation and I don’t think I need to call any Segger API function other than SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf().

Can you provide any insight on this?

Thanks in advance
    Files