[SOLVED] Renesas RA devices not available

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Renesas RA devices not available

Hi,

I hope someone can help. I am trying to use SystemView with a Renesas RA device, an RA4M2 to be precise. I am trying to connect using JLink-OB. During the connection attempt a JLink Device Selection dialog appears stating the selected device "R7FA4M2AD" is unknown to this version of the J-Link software. The J-Link software version is 6.20e. It is true that this version of the software doesn't support RA devices. I have much more recent versions of J-Link software installed including 7.62b which does support RA devices. My question is how do I get SystemView to use a later version of the J-Link software that supports my device? I am using SystemView 3.30 on Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks for your help.

Ian.
  • Hello Ian,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Typically SystemView will pick the latest J-Link software version that you installed.
    What host OS are you running on?

You can also simply copy the latest J-Link DLL to the same folder that the SystemView executable is located at. Then SystemView will automatically use that version when connecting.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.