[ABANDONED] Howto Set JLink CortexM reset strategy and Delay using Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Howto Set JLink CortexM reset strategy and Delay using Ozone

Hi,

Trying to use Ozone on a Microchip ATSAMG55J19 - CortexM4 target. The standard reset strategy does not work on the target. So, I'd like to direct Ozone to tell Jlink to use Reset Strategy 2 and add a 100 ms delay to the Jlink reset sequence.

The Jlink Commander commands for these settings are 'rst 2' and 'rx 100' (instead of just 'r').

What approach should I follow to change the target reset behavior under Ozone? I've looked at some of the scripting available in Ozone, but the objects being manipulated don't seem to map to JLink commander commands.

Thanks,
    Dale
  • Hello Dale,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    To best of our knowledge the default reset implemented for the device is working as expected.
    Why do you think it is not working? How do you come to that conclusion?

Generally to edit the reset behaviour in all our tools we recommend to use a JLinkScript as they are portable between all tools that support J-Link:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_script_files

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Sorry for the extended delay in responding.

Essentially, when I switch to reset strategy 2, I expect to see the Jlink toggle Reset# low. However, when I issue rx 100, the Reset# line does not toggle low. I can make it go low using JlineExe by issuing 'r0' and release it by executing 'r1', which means the Jlink itself is working fine.

I am trying to learn enough to create a JlinkScript that can be used in Ozone to reset this CPU (ATSAMG55J19) properly. FOr some reason, the default reset strategy does not work using Ozone nor JLinkExe.

Thanks!
    Dale