[ABANDONED] Can't modify project settings with Windows 11

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Can't modify project settings with Windows 11

Recently took the plunge and moved to Windows 11. Up to now have only had minor issues.

Working in my SES projects, I now find that any operation that brings up a sub-window such as editing project attributes, freezes the app and does not bring up the window.

The only way out is to hit ESC and control returns to the main SES window. All other operations appear to work.

Have run Windows troubleshooter with no change in behavior.
    Ran SES as admin, Ran SES in Win7 and Win8 compatibility mode and still no change.

Seems like the window manager is not allowing the popup sub-menus to come up.

Had to go to a networked Win10 machine and change project settings there to make the updates I wanted to make.

Has anyone else run into this and more importantly....a solution?

Logging this to MS as well but.....

Thanks for any suggestions.
  • Update:

Apparently if you drag a source file out of the main window it allows other windows to be spawned. Only having this issue with Segger, no other apps (editors, IDEs, etc.) are having this problem. Note that if you close the project the detached windows disappear. If you restart Segger, the detatched windows remain hidden until you drag another window out of the main window. Then they all pop up.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Currently Win11 is not in our testing cycles so we can't comment if there are issues or not.
    But it is possible that some general change of the inner workings of the OS causes issues here.

Once Win11 moves to our officially supported OSs for Embedded Studio we will see if this can be fixed or at least a workaround documented.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

I checked with the team and there are actually a couple of us that also moved to Win11 and we could not reproduce the reported behaviour.
    Could you provide a short video or detailed steps on how to reproduce this behaviour?
    Could you also attach a support report. You can generate it in ES via Help->Create Support Report

Are you using a multi monitor setup?
    What is the resolution of the monitor(s)? What is the scaling set in Windows settings?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.