[ABANDONED] How can I manipulate a global variable in Ozone.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] How can I manipulate a global variable in Ozone.

Hi,

I am very new with Ozone and I cannot change the value of a global variable to see the programm's reaction after the manipulation of the value.
    I tried with an expression but when I step in assembly code and the variable has been loading in the register, the register has the default value, in my case 0.

I use Ozone V3.26 and J-link OB.

When I try with STM32Cube IDE embedded Debugger, then I can manipulate the global variable. Can you help me because it looks very strange.

• Hi, I have found with try and error the problem. Now I am thinking that is a bug from ozone.

The variable qSoll is type of float and if I enter in Watched Data window in value field the '1' then in the uC memory field will be not updated, the memory still contains the value 0 but in the Watched Data window will be shown the value '1'.

If I enter in Watched Data Window the value '1.01' then everything is working properly.

What do u think? Is it a bug?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ntosis ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Do you see the same issue with the latest Ozone V3.26c?

If yes, is your application build with code optimization on?
    Could you disable code optimization in Cube IDE, rebuild the application and try again?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.