[SOLVED] Improving SystemView resolution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Improving SystemView resolution

I'm using SystemView in order to get some insights on critical timing sections in my program and the resolution.
    SystemView is initialised with a resolution of only 32.768KHz, while the cpu clock is 64MHz. So I can see events changing every 30.5[usec], which is not enough (see screenshot).
    I'm using the nrf52840 with Zephyr as file system.
    Can this resolution be improved?
    [/quote]
    Images
    • systemview.jpg

26.46 kB, 838×373, viewed 483 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Typically we recommend using the Cyclecounter of the MCU for the timestamps to get a resolution based on your CPU clock. But on some target devices the Cyclecounter is not available and some other timer/clock is used for reference, e.g. the RTC here.

For more information about how to implement an alternative timestamp source see the SystemView documentation under SEGGER_SYSVIEW_GET_TIMESTAMP() and the referenced samples there.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.