[SOLVED] J-Scope 7.62a broken functionality

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope 7.62a broken functionality

Is it just me or does J-Scope 7.62a have broken functionality that makes it very difficult to use? Here's a list of what I've run across.

1) float types are sometimes incorrectly labeled as uints. It's very inconsistent and I can't figure it out. The same variable can sometimes show up as a float, othertimes as a uint.
    2) enums cannot be selected, even through they're labeled as uchar in J-Scope.
    3) booleans can be selected, but they don't get any data.
    4) No smooth resizing between the graph and variable windows. If the overall j-scope window is below a certain size, it's either 90% graph, with only 2 variables visible in the variable window, or it's 100% variable window. It cannot be arbitrarily sized.

There's probably a few other things that I'm missing. Is there any work being done on improving J-Scope? It's a handy tool to use and it would be nice not to have to keep using a separate installation of J-Scope 6.
  • Hello,

thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Would it be possible for you to share an .elf file that can be used as a reproducer to demonstrate these issues?

Best regards,
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

I have sent you a private message for sharing the .elf file.

Best regards,
    Matthias

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Another issue that I found this morning is that exporting to a CSV file will not export all of the variables if more than 5 are being watched. I'm not sure which one is not being exported, but I think it's the first variable that is not exported if there's more than 5.
  • Hello,

we are not aware of any issue like this. Could you please create a ticket about this issue with our support ticket system?
    support.segger.com/

It makes keeping track of different issues a lot easier.

Thanks
    Matthias