[SOLVED] Scripting stepping jlink with IAR ide attached

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Scripting stepping jlink with IAR ide attached

Hi all,
    I need to debug with breakpoints and strict timing, driving an external tool (like canoe) synced with the breakpoints I set inside the IDE.

The idea is to have the external tool (e.g. CANoe) drive the jlink logic with "halt", and "go" commands and see in IAR if and when breakpoints hit.

1) Is it feasibile?
    2) I tried to connect to the web control panel but looks like halt and go are not supported (Commander tab)
    3) Do you have any hint on how to proceed?
    4) Is the remote server somehow suited for this task?

K.R.

Catosh
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Not sure how CANoe operates here, but if you plan to control your target device and J-Link via the CANoe software, CANoe would need to add J-Link support.
    This can be done by either using our J-Link SDK or if they support the GDB Interface, by connecting to the J-Link GDB Server.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.