[ABANDONED] Accessing data files on SD card

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Accessing data files on SD card

Hi,

I am using an SD card as external memory to access images and text files. I have come across an issue that I do not quite understand how I could solve.

1. I have two text files A is 1.2kB and B is 1.5kB. When I access the A, I am able to read all the strings on there and when I try to access the B, I am not able to retrieve a few strings in the end.
      2. I tried looking at both files and counting the characters with spaces and found out that I was able to read the same number of characters from file B as that of file A.
      3. I tried doing it the other way around and I was able to read all the strings on File B and then File A.

I think I am having issues with memory allocation but I am not sure how to solve it.

If anyone here came across a similar issue and can give me some pointers, I'd much appreciate it.

Thank you,
      BMD
    • Hi,

This issue is not related to emWin. Are you using emFile as your embedded file system? If so, I can move your thread to the emFile forum.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Florian,

Yes I am using emfile for our embedded file system. You can move it to the emFile forum. Just want to get some help with this issue is all. I have tried different stuff. Nothing seems to be working.

Best regards,
      BMD