[ABANDONED] SES upgrade caused program startup stall

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SES upgrade caused program startup stall

Hello there,

I upgraded my SES from 5.10 to 5.68. After the installation, the program stalled at the startup page. With the help from an old thread in this forum, the program can pass the startup page if I changed my project name. That thread said the project broke and I should consider rolling back in Git. However, I can open the same project same setting with older versions.

I then tested several SES versions and tried to narrow down which SES version began to cause this issue. It showed that my project could be opened by all old version till 5.42. The startup page froze since the 5.44. Could this give you a clue about this issue so I could modify my project setting?

Thank you very much,
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to use.
    Is the issue reproducible with the latest Embedded Studio version?
    If yes, could you provide your .emProject file that is causing the freeze for reproduction?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

Thank you for the reply.

This issue can be easily reproduced when I changed the versions. I did try 5.68 and 5.70a. Both failed. I downgrade to 5.50/5.44, it showed the same issue. The problem disappears once its version <= 5.42.

I did adjust some directories manually in my .emproject file for a better Git repo management when I created it years ago. Here is my .emproject file.

Thank you very much,

Haizhou
    Files