[SOLVED] Ozone v3.26b crashes after connecting to target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone v3.26b crashes after connecting to target

I have a prototype application for an nRF52840 target built using SES v5.70a. Ozone v3.26b can load the ELF application and program the application into flash memory, but crashes after connecting to the target (after the breakpoint at main() is reached). The crash is repeatable using Ozone on Windows, Linux, and macOS. Jlink v7.60g for Windows 64-bit is installed. The application is configured to enable and use RTT.

Doing a full-chip erase with nrfjprog -e doesn't help: after Ozone downloads the image, any attempt to step the CPU past main results in a crash (step into, step over, run, etc.).

It doesn't matter which of the three connection options are used: trying to step the CPU crashes Ozone.

The JLink for the development board is an on-board Jlink:

Product = J-Link OB-SAM3U128 V3 compiled V3.00
    Nickname =
    SN = 483127768
    USB = SN 483127768
    HostFW = 2021 Feb 2 16:48
    EmuFW = 2021 Feb 2 16:48

Ozone 3.26b works flawlessly through a JLink Ultra attached to an STM32 target (also using JLink 7.60g). I've only used Ozone for Windows for that target. That project does not use or enable RTT.

I'll try rolling back the Jlink version.

Has anyone else had issues with JLink-OB, v7.60g, and Ozone 3.26b?

-Adam
    Images
    • ozone-exception.png

8.19 kB, 412×206, viewed 368 times
  • Stepping back to JLink v7.58e didn't fix the problem so I went back to v7.60g.

The application can be debugged using Visual Studio Code and JLink GDB server. The problem appears to be in Ozone, not JLink, and not in the application itself.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We received your request via our support system in parallel and continue the inquiry there.
    To avoid duplicate or lost information between communication channels this thread will be closed now.

For future inquiries please do not open the same inquiry via multiple channels as this will only slow down our response time.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.