[SOLVED] Code Profile csv export not showing functions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Code Profile csv export not showing functions

Hello,
    When exporting a .csv Code Profile with Source Lines selected, the Function column is not populated. We have a LOT of functions written with the opening brace on the line after the function name (our code and 3rd party code). So the start of the Content column only displays '{' where the function starts. When browsing with the Code Profile UI window, the function names are displayed.
    Since the File column is filled in on every line, I was hoping to see the Function column filled in as well.

- Bruce
  • Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Which Ozone version are you using exactly? Do you see the same issue with the latest version?
    What target device are you debugging?
    Is the issue reproducible on an eval board? If yes which one?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I have Ozone V3.26b
    The target is STM32H743II
    I don't have access to the example board that came with the probe at the moment. Perhaps I'll give it a try when available.
    I'm using the following calls to produce the .csv files:
    Export.CodeProfile ("./functions.csv", 38, "<list of all the files>");
    Export.CodeProfile ("./lines.csv", 42, "<list of all the files>");

Attaching screen snips of both kinds of exports (functions and lines).

I'm using a Python script to combine the data into one file, but it's a little cumbersome.
    BTW, Pandas works great for processing .csv output from Ozone: pandas - Python Data Analysis Library (pydata.org)
    Images
    • csv export with functions option.jpg

46.61 kB, 714×187, viewed 337 times
    • csv export with lines option.jpg

70.07 kB, 737×317, viewed 322 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.
    The issue was reproducible on the trace reference board which is shipped with the J-Trace Pro.
    We will see if the Function column is a mistake here or if the data is actually missing.
    If it is missing, this will be fixed of course.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.