[SOLVED] Ozone Data Sampling Intermittently Reads Zero.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone Data Sampling Intermittently Reads Zero.

Hi, For a while a while (>1 year) I have had a problem where any data I put in the Data Sampling window or in the watched data window w/ refresh will intermittently read back as zero. For example, the attached plot should show a stable value followed by a sawtooth shade, but it shows the general shape with logs of "noise" where it bounces back to 0. I have confirmed that this is not not a plot rendering issue and the raw data shows the zeros as well. I can see a similar issue when I set data in the watch windows to refresh periodically. I used to use this feature on a different micro with no problems and I am fairly sure I used it with this micro in the past with no problems. I am using an STM32L462 and I have tried with an Rev 10.0 J link plus and a rev 11.0 J link plus compact with no change. Any thoughts?

edit: The same behavior happens when using J-Scope FWIW
    Images
    • MicrosoftTeams-image.png

28.92 kB, 1,262×283, viewed 385 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by sshaw ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    What variable type are you sampling? Is it a global/static variable or a local one?

Is the issue reproducible on an eval board?
    If yes, could you provide an example project for reproduction?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • This particular variable is a file scope static variable in a c file. It doesn't seem to make any difference if I am attempting to look at a variable in a c or cpp file, inside of not inside of a namespace. If the debugger is paused it always shows the expected value. This is a complicated project and it would be infeasible to strip out the IP or get it running on a dev board, unfortunately. I wondered if it might be due to some quirk in our ELF file or something non standard thing we are doing in our linker file perhaps? We are using arm-none-eabi-gcc version 9.3.1 FWIW.
  • Hello,

Please understand that without means to reproduce the issue we can't investigate further.
    Attached you can find a simple hello world example for the STM32L462. It should run on any L462 board as it does not init any peripherals.
    Could you try editing the project so the issue you are reporting is reproducible?

The project was created in our IDE Embedded Studio.
    segger.com/downloads/embedded-studio/
    You can use it for free for evaluation e.g. in this case.

Best regards,
    NIno
    Files

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

Great to heart that you are up and running again.
    Yes sleep modes are a tricky thing as depending on the target device and architecture they can't be debugged at all.
    We recommend to have them turned off during active development and only activate and test them once no additional "live" debugging of the application is needed.

Best regards,
    Nino