[SOLVED] Programming a PIC18F46Q10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Programming a PIC18F46Q10

Hi,

We use the ATE system in our automated PCB production lines. So far, we have limited this to ARM and that ilk.

I would like to eliminate our use of the Microchip PM3 in these fixtures, and I understand that there is support for this chip in the ATE.

I have been trying to verify this using the Flasher Portable Plus. We have never used SEGGER products on the PIC chips, and I seem to be doing something wrong..

What I am Doing:
    1. Set up UNI (Universal Flash Loader Configurator) for the PIC18F46Q10
    2. Load the HEX file provided by our software team.
    3. Attempt to Download configuration to Flasher I get the error: Warning: Error while reading data file! Error: Aborted download to Flasher
    4. So I [File-> Generate Test Data File] in Uni, and it creates and loads a .MOT file
    5. Attempt to Download configuration to Flasher: This succeeds.
    6. Load PIC using Flasher Portable Plus: This takes a reasonable amount of time, and reports success.
    7. But the PIC is not running correctly. (At all)
    8. I read the chip back using Microchip IPE and ICD4
    9. The config bears no resemblance to the config in the .HEX file, and in fact the code protect bit is now set making comparison of the program area impossible.
    10. I erase the chip and load with IPE and ICD4, the same .HEX file
    11. The board functions properly. The read back succeeds and matches.
    So, What am I doing wrong? ?(

I would assume that by even entering LVP mode that the wiring between the Portable Plus and the board is correct. Especially with the 'successful' flash operation..

Thanks!
  • Answered via support sytem.
    Thread closed.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.