[ABANDONED] wrong .c file in debugger when multiple projects in solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] wrong .c file in debugger when multiple projects in solution

Hi,

I have two projects in my solution (bootloader/application) and if i debug the application and have a break in main.c then the wrong main.c is opened from the non-active project. So SES opened the main.c from bootloader and marks the wrong line where the debugger stopps...

Is this an bug or may i missed some option?

thanks
    regards
    philipp
  • Hello Phillip,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Generally ES will reference the main.c file on the path that is compiled into the elf file.

Is the issue reproducible on an eval board?
    If yes which one?
    Could you then provide a reproduction project for the eval board?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi nino,

no it is not on an eval board but i think its not board related.

My Paths looks like:

/project/application/main.c
    /project/bootloader/main.c

.emProject and .emSession are in /project

There is one "Solution" and 2 Projects. application and bootoader.

I also use the possibility to load the application project from the bootloader project to debug both which is working fine.

But when i stop the debugger (also when i only have "application" project active) i stop in the wrong file, so debugging is not so fine :)

best regards,
    philipp
  • Hello Phillip,

I am aware that this is not a board specific issue. But we need a reproducer to investigate further.
    You seem to have a already working reproducer.
    Could you in any way share one that could run on an eval board? A stripped down version would be sufficient.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

i tried to make an example solution with "Simulator" as Debugger. There it works as it should.
    Looks like it does not work when i run on J-Link.
    Have to look if i have an evaluation board where i can test this...

best regards,
    philipp