[SOLVED] Deactivate events

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Deactivate events

Hello,

I've got a question regarding SystemView in combination with FreeRTOS and high frequency interrupts:
    Is it possible to deactive the capturing of certain events to omit buffer overflows? For example events that come from certain interrupts or any arbitrary events in general.

I've got an high frequency interrupt which releases a semaphore. This leads to buffer overflows (see image attached).

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Best regards,
    Tobias
    Images
    • SystemView2.PNG

236.62 kB, 1,920×1,018, viewed 676 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    See SEGGER_SYSVIEW_DisableEvents().
    For IDs < 32 you can disable the event generation here e.g. ISR Enter/Exit.

Everything else depends on how you instrumented the RTOS.

Also increasing the target interface speed and RTT buffer size on target can help.
    We recommend at least a J-Link Ultra+ as it supports debug interface speed up to 50 MHz.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for your help!
    But I can't get it working. According to the description file within the Segger installation directory I need to disable event-id 96 to get rid of the xQueueGenericSendFromISR messages:

96 xQueueGenericSendFromISR xQueue=%I pvItemToQueue=%p pxHigherPriorityTaskWoken=%u xCopyPosition=%u

How exactly do I have to configure the DisableMask to achive this? Can you give me an example? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
    Tobias
  • Good morning Nino,
    I have a similar problem as tdon described at the beginning.
    Like him, I use FreeRTOS and work with high frequency periodic interrupts that cause me an overflow in SystemView.
    I have already tried to implement your tips. Unfortunately I did not succeed yet. Maybe an example would be useful.

Thanks in advance and best regards
    Jonas
  • Hello,

We received the inquiry in parallel via our support system.
    Please do not use multiple channels to contact us for the same question as this causes unnecessary overhead in our support and can lead to lost information between channels.

For completeness here is the answer to the issue from the support ticket:
    "
    With SEGGER_SYSVIEW_DisableEvents() only the standard system events, such as Task Start, Task Stop, ISR Enter, ISR Exit, can be disabled.
    xQueueGenericSendFromISR is an API event.
    You can disable it by removing it from the instrumentation (SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h)
    "

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.