Reducing size of xbf font

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Reducing size of xbf font

Hi,
      I am trying to create font using specific Chinese and English characters.
      I am generating xbf using FontCvt and converting it to array using Bin2C tool.
      But final created array has much larger size possibly due to Chinese characters are not continuous characters as in English.

Is there any way by which I can reduce size of my converted array?

Any help regarding this will really be helpful.
      Attaching my xbf and c file for reference.
      Files
      • test.zip

(43.65 kB, downloaded 187 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by amar.sanas ().

• Hi,

Due to the large amount of Chinese characters, a Chinese font is much larger than a font with only Latin characters. Every Chinese character has its own bitmap.

What you could do to save memory is applying a pattern file to the font in the Font Converter. This would ensure only the characters that you need are added to the XBF font.

Make sure to use "Extended" fonts in the Font Converter instead of "Standard" fonts, since extended fonts are more memory-efficient. Another way to reduce memory would be to use 1bpp fonts instead of 2bpp or 4bpp anti-aliased fonts.

If the XBF file is still too big, I would recommend storing it on external memory.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.