[SOLVED] J-link Plus red LED blinking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-link Plus red LED blinking

I have a j-link plus that have been using to connect to an stm32. I use the j-link to supply power to the stm when programming, and this has been working fine for me until today. Now, as soon as I apply power to the module the j-link LED appears to remain constant on green (as it always has), but now the LED also blinks red at ~1Hz equal on and off time. I have gone through the documentation and forum and have not found an answer to what that particular combo of LEDs means. My hardware configuration has not changed. I changed some functional logic in the code, but nothing configuration wise.
  • Hi,

Can you please post a quick video that shows the blinking freq.?
    Can you please also post a photo of the front & back side of the J-Link?

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Video of blinking
    The pictures aren't the greatest quality. In case you cannot read the serial number it is 600109216 and part-no 8.08.28
    Images
    • back.jpg

23.39 kB, 320×240, viewed 185 times
    • bottom.jpg

25.42 kB, 320×240, viewed 181 times
    • front.jpg

19.05 kB, 320×240, viewed 176 times
    • top.jpg

19.33 kB, 320×240, viewed 174 times
  • Hi,

What you are seeing is the overcurrent detection of J-Link.
    You have enabled the 5V output on pin 19 of J-Link and it detects overcurrent on that pin.

This may happen if:

1) There is a short-circuit to GND
    2) The target system draws too much current on the pin.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.