[SOLVED] Some feedback for Embedded Studio

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Some feedback for Embedded Studio

Hello,

I have some feedback for Embedded Studio:
    • The syntax highlighting of the digit separated numbers looks wrong:

Could you fix that?

• Embedded Studio does syntax highlighting in doxygen comments which is very helpful, but sadly not all variations are working:

Why is only the second variant highlighted, could you add the syntax-highlighting also for the other variants?

• By the way, could you add syntax highlighting for the types from stdint.h? Having them highlighted like native types would be very helpful.

• In addition, when excluding a file via context-menu in the project explorer, the options under the note are not updated. This is a bit confusing; I think it should be available immediately.

No node information:

After reloading the project:

The Information is available:

For this the ‘Options Under Node’ or ‘Options in Folder’ must be enabled in the project explorer settings:

• Some icons are not adopted to the dark theme, which make them hard to recognize, would be amazing to update those:

• One small thing, I recognized as I copied a formular to a comment which contains Unicode characters: The Unicode characters are not counted when a selected text is highlighted:

Also insert and edit is not working correctly

Regards
    Files
    • Hello.zip

(11.04 kB, downloaded 201 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by Masmiseim ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
    Only some of the issues were reproducible for me.
    See my attached screenshot.
    Could you share your editor and font settings. Which ones did you change from default?

Masmiseim wrote:

Embedded Studio does syntax highlighting in doxygen comments which is very helpful, but sadly not all variations are working:
    We will add them to our wishlist.

Masmiseim wrote:

By the way, could you add syntax highlighting for the types from stdint.h? Having them highlighted like native types would be very helpful.
    We will add this to our wishlist as well.

Masmiseim wrote:

In addition, when excluding a file via context-menu in the project explorer, the options under the note are not updated. This is a bit confusing; I think it should be available immediately.
    Its reproducible and looks like a bug. Will be fixed.

Masmiseim wrote:

Some icons are not adopted to the dark theme, which make them hard to recognize, would be amazing to update those:
    Added to wishlist.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

11.04 kB, 549×298, viewed 197 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Thank you for providing the settings file.
    Both remaining issues were also reproducible now and are noted.

For completeness. Issue 1 was only reproducible with Dark Mode on.
    The last issue was only reproducible when Text Editor Encoding was set to UTF-8. When set to Default this issue did not appear.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

little follow up regarding the unicode characters.
    This is happening because a proportional character is being used in a fixed pitch font.
    Try Setting the Text Editor > Visual Appearance > Font Rendering environment option to Proportional should make the editor work as expected.
    We'll see if we can improve the detection of proportional characters.

Best regards,
    Nino