Monitoring memory consumption

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Monitoring memory consumption

I'm using stemWin.
      1. How can you see how much RAM is being used in the debugger? How can I see how many windows have been created?
      2. Am I correct in understanding that calling GUI_EndDialog (pMsg-> hWin, 0) deletes the window and all the widgets of that window?

Thank you in advance for your response.
    • Hi,

AlexSapego wrote:

1. How can you see how much RAM is being used in the debugger? How can I see how many windows have been created?
      To monitor live memory usage and all windows with its properties, the tool emWinSPY can be used. The tool is supplied with emWin for no additional cost and should be located in the 'Tool' directory of a shipment.

The emWin manual provides information about how you can use emWinSPY and set up a connection.

AlexSapego wrote:

2. Am I correct in understanding that calling GUI_EndDialog (pMsg-> hWin, 0) deletes the window and all the widgets of that window?

You are correct, GUI_EndDialog() deletes the dialog and all its child windows. The dialog will be deleted securely, that means it won't be deleted instantly, but the next time GUI_Exec() is called (whether manually or automatically by GUI_Delay()).

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Thanks for the answer.Taking this opportunity, I want to say thank you for your product and your attitude towards us.I certainly read UM. At this stage, this is my main book. )Thank you for such detailed documentation. Lots of details.Developers are all different. I hope for your understanding.I still really miss a general description. Interrelation of modules. For example, with messages, not everything is clear yet.I don’t feel your library yet. But, the project is big - I hope it will come while working on it.Of course, I read about emWinSPY. But RTT doesn't work like stlink. The JTAG connector is not pulled out.And TCP / IP, at this stage, has not yet fastened. Well, you have to, if there is no other way.
    • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

If your hardware target does not support either of the two connection methods, you can run your project in the emWin simulation on a Windows PC instead and connect via TCP/IP.

In the shipment under Sample\GUI_X\GUI_SPY_X_StartServerWin32.c is a sample implementation that allows you to run the SPY server in the Windows simulation.

Happy holidays and best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.