[SOLVED] Linux Studio packages

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Linux Studio packages

Hello.
    Me and my colleagues are interested in the development of applications for embedded Linux systems (e.g., running on ARM-A9 architectures).
    For that we would like to use your Linux Studio (preferably with remote debugging).
    However, we are not able to create even a simple example application because the Linux Studio does not support architectures other than x86 and we are unable to download any support packages, since the package list is empty (unable to refresh) and the package repository site (studio.segger.com/linux/packages/index.htm) appears to be down.

I would like to ask whether the site is out of service only temporarily, we are missing a correct version of the studio or if there is some other issue we are not aware of.

Thank you for your reply.

On behalf of our development team
    Best regards
    Josef Krska
  • Hello Josef,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Linux Studio was developed for native Linux host System application development that run on x86(_64).
    Cross compiling for embedded devices and remote debugging is not supported but on our wish list without a fixed time schedule yet.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello.
    Thank you for your prompt reply (and sorry for my delayed response).
    Thank you for the clarification. If I understand it correctly, we are unable to refresh the package list in SEGGER Linux Studio because there is no package repository?

Regarding the cross compilation, could you, please, share any guess on when would be put into development? It would suffice to know If we are talking in months, years,...

Thank you!
    Best regards,
    Josef Krska
  • Hello Josef,

krska wrote:

If I understand it correctly, we are unable to refresh the package list in SEGGER Linux Studio because there is no package repository?
    Correct. Linux Studio currently has no use yet for the Package manager.

krska wrote:

Regarding the cross compilation, could you, please, share any guess on when would be put into development? It would suffice to know If we are talking in months, years,...
    Currently no immediate plans. Very rough estimate, by the end of next year.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.