[SOLVED] idle and main task with unrealistic high CPU load

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] idle and main task with unrealistic high CPU load

Hello dear Forum,

I have read everything on the forum regardning "unrealistic high CPU load" and sadly still could not figure out what my problem might be.
    I am using System View 3.30 and the FreeRTOS example project code provided here: wiki.segger.com/FreeRTOS_with_SystemView .
    I am trying to test what is the CPU load during file write to a USB mass storage device. When I start the recording all seems fine until I
    plug in the USB Msd and the transfer starts. Then the CPU load on both the application (file write) task and idle task move as one: both are
    around 99.8% which doesn't make sense to me. After the file write process is finished both tasks continue showing the CPU load as 99.8%.
    I'll attach both a screenshot and the data recording for more information.

Cheers,
    ap213
    Images
    • unexpected_cpu_load.PNG

21.21 kB, 1,606×144, viewed 409 times
    Files
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    It appears that your application was not instrumented correctly.
    For example your get ISR Exit Events but not Enter events.

So we recommend to double check your instrumentation of FreeRTOS.
    For reference see this guide here:
    wiki.segger.com/FreeRTOS_with_SystemView

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.