[SOLVED] SystemView stops working with Error 140 and 141

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SystemView stops working with Error 140 and 141

Hello together,

I am new with SystemView and ozone.
    I am working on an embedded software that is developed in my company and now there is an issue with SystemView software. The SystemView starts working normally but after a few minutes, it stops working with one of the following errors:
    Warning: Decoding 32-bit value failed. Bit 5 has continuation set.
    Warning: Error (-141) during record analysis
    ERROR: Error while recording. Recorder stopped.

Warning: EventID 237571: Packet Payload exceeds 2048 Bytes (2403).
    Warning: Error (-140) during record analysis
    ERROR: Error while recording. Recorder stopped.

I have tried to increase the interface speed from 20K to 40K/50K and also I have increased the "SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RTT_BUFFER_SIZE" in code from 1024 to 2048 and 3000 (and even reduced to 512) but the problem is still there.
    Do you have any clue, how to carry one in these cases?
    and also is there any document, explaining Error codes?

I am using Ozone V3.26, SystemView V3.30 and J-Trace Pro V7.58c

Thanks in advance
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Please note that this is not a support forum. If you are in active support period we recommend to use our official support channel.
    I also noticed that you have a support case already open regarding this.
    Please do not open the same inquiries via multiple contact channels as this can lead to lost/wrong information between channels which in result leads to more work on our end which is not beneficial for your inquiry.

We will close this thread now to avoid duplicate information and handle the remaining inquiry via the already open support inquiry in our support system.

EDIT: For anyone stumbling across this thread. The solution in this case was configuring the Locking via (SEGGER_SYSVIEW_LOCK() and SEGGER_RTT_LOCK()) correctly. This leads to the effect that events are interrupted by other trace recordings which will lead to errors in the data flow.?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.