[ANSWERED] Jlink EDU Mini Kendryte K210 Flasing & Debbuger

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ANSWERED] Jlink EDU Mini Kendryte K210 Flasing & Debbuger

Hello,

I am trying to flash and debug Kendryte K210 microcontroller with Jlink EDU Mini. This microcontroller is based on RV64GC architecture.

To implement that my set-up is:
    - J-Link Software and Documentation pack v.7.58 ( segger.com/downloads/jlink/ )
    - J-Link EDU Mini V1 compiles Nov 2 2021, HW Version: V1.00, S/N: 801030646, License(s): FlashBP, GDB
    - Development Board, Sipeed Maix Bit with Mic

I started with the simple one...that is...flashing and it seems to be that is working well, but when I check the FW in the microcontroller it has the previous FW as you can see in the attached file

I was using Visual Studio Code with PlatformIO and was impossible to flashing and debugging too...

I do not if JLink support this microcontroller...

Thanks in advance.

Jose.
    Images
    • JLink.JPG

74.72 kB, 577×666, viewed 305 times
  • Hi,

as the K210 is unknown to the J-Link software and you selected the generic "RV64" device,
    J-Link of course does not have any flash algorithm associated with it.
    This means, download to flash is not available / possible.

You may write + add your own flash loader:
    wiki.segger.com/Open_Flashloader

I assume that at 0x0 there is flash for your CPU, correct?
    If that is the case, the "loadbin" command should throw a verification error.
    Just checked it here and indeed it does not throw an error.
    The fix for this behavior will be part of the new version later this week.
    Stay up-to-date regarding J-Link:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

However, you will still need an open flash loader for your setup to make flash download working.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.