[ABANDONED] The SWORead command in J-Link Commander does not work (0 bytes read (0 bytes in host buffer))

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] The SWORead command in J-Link Commander does not work (0 bytes read (0 bytes in host buffer))

Dear colleagues,
    do You know why the SWORead command does not work while the SWOView command works properly in the SEGGER J-Link Commander?
    I need to use the SWORead procedure in the subprocess. I do not want to read the data with SWOView in the continuously running command window which hangs in the system.

I am kindly asking you for help. The details are given below.

I am using the SEGGER JLink Base (Hardware version: V9.30) and I am connecting to the target (LPC1759) with the use of the SEGGER J-Link Commander V7.58b. I am using Windows OS.

I can not obtain the SWO data from my MCU with the use of the SWO command, wherein I can read the SWO data with the use of the SWOView command.

I am getting the "0 bytes read (0 bytes in host buffer)" response for a "SWORead" command in the J-Link Commander.

However, while the same session in the JLink Commander (the same configuration) I am getting the proper SWO data in the terminal for a "SWOView" command in the J-Link Commander.

I was also following the "User guide of the J-Link application program interface (API) Document: UM08002 Software Version: 6.42 Revision: 5" - I Entered the commands described at the page 266: "11.4.2 Example SWO session in J-Link Commander":

J-Link>si 1
    Selecting SWD as the current target interface.
    J-Link>swostart 500000

and for the commands:
    J-Link>swostat
    J-Link>sworead 100
    J-Link>sworead
    I am always acquired 0 bytes read.

I tried the same with default speed: J-Link>swostart and a few different speeds e.g. J-Link>swostart 7500, as well.
    Each time the SWORead returned "0 bytes read (0 bytes in host buffer)" while the "SWOView" returned proper SWO data from LPC1759 MCU for the default speed (J-Link>swostart).

The same results occur with the older versions of the JLink software: V600, V540, V510, V502c, V502, V500.

Do you know the solution to use the SWORead command?

Best Regards,
    Marcin.