[SOLVED] Problem installing SystemView and Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Problem installing SystemView and Ozone

Fedora 34 machine.

I just downloaded SystemView_Linux_V330_x86_64.rpm and Ozone_Linux_V324g_x86_64.rpm

I installed SystemView first using sudo dnf localinstall SystemView_Linux_V330_x86_64.rpm and it seemed to install correctly

I then tried to install Ozone using sudo dnf localinstall Ozone_Linux_V324g_x86_64.rpm and get the following output:

Source Code

1. Last metadata expiration check: 1:40:08 ago on Tue 26 Oct 2021 05:50:16 AM PDT.
    2. Dependencies resolved.
    3. ===========================================================================================================================================================================================
    4. Package Architecture Version Repository Size
    5. ===========================================================================================================================================================================================
    6. Installing:
    7. Ozone x86_64 3.24-1 @commandline 23 M
    8. Transaction Summary
    9. ===========================================================================================================================================================================================
    10. Install 1 Package
    11. Total size: 23 M
    12. Installed size: 60 M
    13. Is this ok [y/N]: y
    14. Downloading Packages:
    15. Running transaction check
    16. Transaction check succeeded.
    17. Running transaction test
    18. Error: Transaction test error:
    19. file /usr/lib/.build-id/72/ce48310fb1de2ce7ed233ab12243cc48773e49 from install of Ozone-3.24-1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package SystemView-3.300-1.x86_64
    20. file /usr/lib/.build-id/aa/ff118bee4c684f1070893b93eac7382cfa2af5 from install of Ozone-3.24-1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package SystemView-3.300-1.x86_64
    Display All
    Ii I reverse the installation order, I get the same issue, just swap the package names.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Glenn
  • Hi,

There is an issue with the build-id links on Fedora when installing multiple of our tools
    We will fix this with the upcoming releases.

SystemView does not install Ozone.
    You might have had an old version already installed.

As a workaround right now, you can use the portable package of SystemView, which does not require installation.

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.