[SOLVED] Change endianness of .hex output file (SES for RISC-V)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Change endianness of .hex output file (SES for RISC-V)

Hi,
    once I built my project and got my .hex file, I have converted the file to .coe format (Xilinx coefficients file). I have realized that the obtained .coe file has a big-endian format, but I need a little-endian format.
    Is it possible to change the endianness of the .hex output file from our project options in SES? I have been searching in the manual and found some additional options (-little_endian, -EL,..) but it seems that I am not able to set these options properly...

Thanks in advance,
    Ricardo
  • Hello Ricardo,

The endianess can't be changed as the hex format is simply a byte order and that order is always big-endian.
    That is how hex is defined.

So not sure what you mean with changing the endianess here, but it is definitely not part of the hex format, so not supported by Embedded Studio.
    We recommend to do any conversion you need to do for external third party tools outside of Embedded Studio.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.