[SOLVED] Passing RTT control block address to J-Scope

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Passing RTT control block address to J-Scope

Hi guys,

I already read in the forums about possiblities to specify the address of the RTT control block to J-Scope, unfortunately I was not successful yet.
    I have a setup where I use RTT on the µC side (STM32L4), setting up an "up" channel for RTT on channel index1. I use the naming convention of the RTT channel as documented in chapter 1.11 (Instrumenting an application to use it with J-Scope) of the document UM08028.

I AM able to log channel1 via RTTLogger when I pass the address of the control block to segger RTT as documented. However, no luck wihr J-Scope, which always tells me that the control block cannot be found. I found this thread:

[SOLVED] J-Scope, finding RTT

and ran J-Scope with
    JScope.exe --rttsearch "0x10000000 0x1000"

I know that 0x10000000 is the correct address since specifying it to RTTLogger works, but J-Scope seems to ignore that information (latest J-Scope version)

Any ideas how to make J-Scope work to find the Control block and graphing the data arriving over RTT channel 1?

Thanks and BR,

Franz
  • Hello Franz,

the current version of J-Scope is a rework that was released a few months ago and is still being improved upon. The option to configure RTT search ranges is currently not implemented, but is on the list of features to add to J-Scope.

I will let you know when it is done and in which release this will be included.

Best regards,
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

this would be V6.11m.

Best regards
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.