[ABANDONED] Default behavior of J-Link with an XMC1400

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Default behavior of J-Link with an XMC1400

Hi,

In this document wiki.segger.com/Infineon_XMC1000 is it written that "By default, J-Link changes the BMI from ASC_BSL to SWD0 (P0.14 & P015 used for SWD) if the BMI of the device is ASC_BSL". I have an XMC1400 with BMI of ASC BSL(I confirmed it with Memtool), I connect my Jlink device and nothing happens. It didn't change the BMI automatically. Am I understanding that quoted line incorrect?

Thanks
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Could you please
    - open the J-Link Commander (JLink.exe)
    - try if using the SetBMI / GetBMI commands solve this issue?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,

I tried it but didn't worked.
    When the BMI is SWD0, I can do getBMI/setBMI. But when I change it to ASC BSL, I receive error( Error Code -262)

I also tried :
    - To turn the power off then on
    - To connect via Memtool, change BMI back to SWD then again ASC BSL and again commands getBMI/setBMI

But the result is the same :/

Best regards,
    İpek
  • Can you please send a screenshot of J-Link Commander that shows the S/N, HW version, FW version, … of your J-Link?

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

The GetBMI and SetBMI commands in J-Link Commander have been added for the Infineon J-Link OB XMC4200 / 4500 only, as these are super device specific commands that need the probe to support very device-specific protocols.
    They are not available for any other model. You have an incompatible model.

The only thing the regular J-Links support is the automatic switch from ASC_BSL to SWD0
    which is done automatically and has been confirmed to be working recently.

• Hi Alex,

Well then can you help me with that automatic behaviour? I confirmed that my mcu is in asc bsl mode by tyring to switch it back to swd0 with Memtool(multiple times). I tried these with Jlink plus so it shall be working fine too. What else shall I check?