[SOLVED] RT1176: j-link does not support flash mirror address 0x0800_0000

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RT1176: j-link does not support flash mirror address 0x0800_0000

Hello,

We are trying to create an RT1176 multi-core application where both cores execute code directly from flash (XiP), at least during the image startup phase. According to the RT1170 refman, the M4 should access the flash through the shadow address window 0x0800_0000 - 0x17FF_FFFF in order to take advantage of the M4 ICACHE (NXP proprietary). To achieve this, I have to link the M4 image (LMA) to the mirror address. If I do that and start a debug session from the IDE then j-link seems not to be able to flash the image.

To illustrate the problem, I tried to program the .hex file using JFlash.exe and get an error message:
    "Selected Data (0x8100000 - 0x8100715) does not fit into selected flash sectors. Relocating it..."
    regardless whether I select MIMXRT1176XXXA_M4 or MIMXRT1176XXXA_M7.

How can I load and debug an M4 image that's linked to the 0x0800_0000 address range?

I'm working with the NXP eval board MIMXRT1170-EVK.

Thanks
    Udo
  • Hi Udo,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

J-Link does not currently support the FlexSPI1 (alias) for flash programming.
    Only the external memory at range 0x3000_0000 - 3FFF_FFFF is supported.
    I will check internally if there are any plans on adding the alias range for the M4.

I will keep you posted.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Udo,
    Update:

We added the Alias region.
    The addition will be part of the next beta version planned for sometime this or next week.
    It will be available for download here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…eAndDocumentationPackBeta

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.